EXPLORE THIS WIKI
Just scroll down and explore the different sections.
New pages are being added all the time.
ADD TO THIS WIKI
Anyone can contribute to this Wiki.
It's simple and you can just start by adding one paragraph.
Read our Getting Started guide.
What is this?
The purpose of this wiki is to benefit readers by creating a freely accessible guide to the London National Park City.
Readers will be able to use it to better understand, enjoy and contribute to the National Park City.
The London National Park City is a place, vision and movement. This wiki is a collaborative guide to all aspects of the London National Park City. It is distinctive from wikipedia because of its local focus and audience as well as an orientation towards knowledge for making the city greener, healthier, wilder and fairer. From wildlife to local geographies, any resident or visitor will be able to find knowledge about London National Park City as well as places to visit and things to do. Read more on the 11 Pillars of this wiki.
The National Park City Wiki will cover the full range of National Park City themes. It will not only be about parks and greenspaces.
Enjoy London in more than 30 Different Places
Check out our growing list of places covered in our 10 Things To Enjoy guides written by our contributors. There's over 30 guides already from 10 Things To Enjoy in Abbey Wood, via 10 Things to Enjoy in Crystal Palace, 10 Things to Enjoy in Perivale Park onto 10 Things To Enjoy in Wimbledon. Read them all and then add your own.
- Land - London is 47% green - Explore its Viewpoints, Parks, Gardens, Woods, Verges, Allotments and more
- Water - London is 2.5% blue - Discover its Rivers, Canals, Lakes, Ponds, Lidos, Puddles
- Ways - Ways to move through London Trails (such as Capital Ring & the London LOOP), Cycle Highways, Walks, Paths and more
- Plants - London's Trees, Flowers, "Weeds", Mosses and more
- Funghi - They are not plants. They are not animals. Confused? Start out at the London Fungus Network
- Animals - All about our Wild Londoners Butterflies, Foxes, Birds and more
Let's Make Life Better
- Be Active - Exercising makes you feel good. Check out Parkrun
- Take Notice - Be curious and aware of London around you, for example What happens to London's rubbish?
- Create - Creating is a great way to give to others such as Street Art and Meanwhile Use
- Grow - Planting, nuturing and growing plants is emotionally rewarding while providing beauty and clean air. Read about some of London's variety of Community Gardens
- Play - Take time to play. It is fun and can grow your imagination.
- Make Space for Nature - Creating space for nature wherever you can will help nature flourish
- How To - Read guides on living, working and making the London National Park City better
What's going on in this wiki?
What's been added?
The 20 most recent pages
- Isabella Plantation
- London Wetlands Centre
- Danson Park
- London National Park City
- Southbank State Park
- Bromley Millennium Rocks
- Southbank Skate Park
- Ham House
- The Lord Napier Graffiti Building
- The Greenway
- Beckton Alp
- 10 Things to Enjoy in Oxleas Woods
- 10 things to enjoy in Eastwickham open space
- Old orchard pub
- Welsh Harp Reservoir
- 10 Things to Enjoy in East Wickham Open Space
- King Henry's Mound
- The Grand Union Canal
- Capital Ring Section 1: Woolwich Foot Tunnel to Falconwood
- Capital Ring Section 2: Falconwood to Grove Park
Who's been contributing?
There are currently 0(*) active users, and contributors have so far added 205 pages.
(*) (does it say 0? sorry that's a bug we're working to fix)