How do I start adding to this wiki?
First you will need an account
You need to have been given a user account before you can edit existing pages, and add new pages.
Currently user accounts are being created as invitation only. To apply for an account please fill out this form and someone will review and send you an invitation within a day or so.
Then jump straight into creating your first page
Read and follow our step-by-step Writing Your First Page guide which gives simple instructions on creating your first page and categorising it so it becomes visible to other readers.
The guide helps you create a page in our popular 10 Things To Enjoy category giving you a chance to create a short fun page about an area you know.
The goal of a Wiki article is to share a neutrally written summary of existing mainstream knowledge in a fair and accurate manner with a straightforward, "just-the-facts style". Articles should have an encyclopedic style with a formal tone instead of essay-like, argumentative, promotional or opinionated writing.
You can find some other projects we are working on within the Wiki listed below.
Active Projects on this Wiki
We are encouraging you to contribute articles for the following themes:
- 10 Things To Enjoy - our active project where people are suggesting things to enjoy in their local area of London. Select an area you know and then create a page listing 10 things to enjoy in that area.
- Write an article about a part or all of a London River that you know or enjoy.
- Write an article about a Viewpoint that you have enjoyed in London
- Write an article about some street art that you have found in London
- Write a short How To article explaining something that you want to help others do
Learning More - Becoming a More Advanced Contributor
- A great starting point to write your first page is to create your very own 10 Things To Enjoy page for an area you know. You can make this first step by following the step by step Writing Your First Page guide.
- Name your pages following Style Guide for naming pages.
- Read the purpose of this Wiki on London National Park City Wiki Purpose.
- Read the 6 pillars which are the basic principles of this wiki London National Park City Wiki Pillars.
- There are Eleven simple rules for editing the London National Park City Wiki.
- Read the Style Guide
- Make sure you are aware of the Copyrights and sharing rules.
Need More Help?
If you need help or have any suggestions then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's Happened Recently on this Wiki?
What's been added?
The 20 most recent pages
- Worcester Park to Chessingston Art and Nature Trail
- Malden Manor Mosaic
- Tolworth Court Farm Fields Mural
- Chessington North Station Mural
- Tolworth Station Mural
- Malden Manor Station Mural
- NHS Super-Mural Waterloo Railway Arch
- Jubilee Walkway Section 5: The Jubilee Loop
- Jubilee Walkway Section 4: The Camden Loop
- Jubilee Walkway Section 3: The City Loop
- Jubilee Walkway Section 2: The Eastern Loop
- Jubilee Walkway Section 1: The Western Loop
- London Cityscape
- London Cityscape Mural
- 5 places to go stand-up paddleboarding in London
- Thames Path North bank Section 1: Hampton Court to Albert Bridge
- Thames Path North bank Section 2: Albert Bridge to Tower Bridge
- Thames Path North bank Section 3: Tower Bridge to Greenwich
- Thames Path North bank Section 4: Greenwich to East India Docks
- Thames Path South bank Section 1: Teddington Lock to Battersea Park
Who's been contributing?
There are currently 0 active users, and contributors have so far added 255 pages.
It is not a competition - every page matters - but just for fun the top contributors of all time are
All time (Top 10)
and the top contributors from the last 7 days are
Last 7 days (Top 10)
You can see all your contributions here
Getting started for administrators
- Consult the User's Guide for information on using the wiki software.